- Editing my Messy Church on the directory
- Remove my Messy Church from the directory
- Change the person responsible for our Messy Church on the directory
- What information is publically visible on the Messy Church directory?
How do I edit my Messy Church?
If you added your Messy Church to the directory then you will be able to edit it from your account. First log in (there's a tab for requesting a new password if you have forgotten it), then you should see your Messy Church(es) displayed in a list:
If you click the 'View' link you will see your Messy Church as others see it when they browse the website. If you want to change the information you see there, click the edit tab at the top just under the Messy Church name.
I can't see my church on my account page
If you cannot see a link to your church on your account page (like the image above) then please contact us. Please do not add the church to the directory again.
After clicking this you will see all the different pieces of information relating to your Messy Church. At the bottom of the page there's a button to save what you enter. After saving you will find the new information displaying.
How do I change my Messy Church location?
Once you've logged in, click the Edit button. On your listing you will find there is a map. Simply drag and drop the pin using your mouse until the pin is in the right location. You can zoom in and out and switch to satellite view to make the location is correct. You can also press the ZOOM to my address button to centre the pin on your address.
If you have problems do contact us.
Please complete this form to tell us a bit about your Messy Church and why it is no longer meeting. After you submit this form, we'll remove the Messy Church from the directory for you.
If you just want to change the contact name and email address that is listed on the directory you can change that while still managing the online listing yourself - just edit your Messy Church and update the details. If you want to change the person who manages the online information, please start by completing this form.
- The information you give us will be displayed on the Messy Church website for other Messy Churches and/or those wanting to attend a Messy Church (with the exception of the final section as indicated). As this information is in the public domain we recommend you create an email address specifically for your Messy Church.
- All the information you submit may be made available to Regional Coordinators, the Messy Church Team and BRF.
The table below contains specific information about which components of the directory information are public and which are only available to Regional Coordinators, the Messy Church team and BRF.
Messy Church directory components
|The name of your Messy Church||Public|
|When it is held||Public|
|Contact email||Option to have email hidden or displayed|
|Church or building name||Public|
|Denomination||Shared only with Regional Coordinators, the Messy Church team and BRF*|
|Type of church building||Shared only with Regional Coordinators, the Messy Church team and BRF*|
|Location type||Shared only with Regional Coordinators, the Messy Church team and BRF*|
|Start date||Shared only with Regional Coordinators, the Messy Church team and BRF*|
|Number of attendees||Shared only with Regional Coordinators, the Messy Church team and BRF*|
|Personal address||Shared only with Regional Coordinators, the Messy Church team and BRF*|
* These items may be shared more broadly but this would happen in an anonymous way. For example, we might make public the average number of attendees at Messy Churches.